Monday, October 27, 2008

funny funny OFFICE!!!!

LOL...the Office video was so funny...the manager is so remarkable. When i first saw the manager and his humor, i thought he was quite a fun manager to work with, because usually a typical manager to me, is quite serious and would not interact with the other employees that are in lower positions. After watching the video, i thought it would be good to hang around with a manager that is so energetic and humorous all the time, but probably not a good idea to joke about everything at anytime. I would not want to work under someone who thinks humor can motivate everyone in workplaces. I agree using humour to reduce the distance between employees and as well to motivate them, but overexaggerate humour would demotivate people, especially when you did or said something offensive and you delivered it as a joke.

I actually learnt about Reducing feelings of equity in this management course when i was in high school. Now i really brought up my memories about when my classmate(who i think was not as hard working as me) got a higher mark than me on a project, i tend to be very demotivated and depressed for the whole day. Then i would start thinking if i should just stop being as hard work as i was, because i thought my hard work didn't lead to a satisfactory result that i expected. But when i first learnt about these equity theories, i just thought it would make me feel better if i don't compare my rewards/results with the others, because i actually don't know how much effort did they put in and the quality of their final products, so i shouldn't complain about not being treated equally. I believe these theories would definitely help me to overcome any feeling of unequity in my future career, knowing how to deal with my frustration and disappointment about equity will help me improve my control of emotions and develop a stronger "attachment" to the organizational culture.

No comments: