Saturday, November 8, 2008

building the tower =]

soo fun to play that tower game!! but it was actually quite difficult if you do that blind folded..involve LOTS of team work too. But I had fun cooperating with my team members. Although i don't know them that well, but we trusted each other and did better and better each time. From that activity, i found out that i presented myself as a more task-oriented leader, because i was very focused on getting the task completed, but did not give many encouraging feedbacks. This is very interesting, because i had always thought i'm a people-oriented leader. But maybe i wanted to achieve more than i had set as my goal, so i neglected the fact that i should give constructive feedbacks to my team members so they would feel more valued and comfortable to continue to complete the tasks. Like Lori mentioned, it is very very rare for leaders to have a balance porportion of both people-oriented and task-oriented leadership, but hopefully i can train myself to give more useful feedbacks to others more frequently while maintaining the quality of work.

No comments: