Sunday, November 16, 2008

X & Y

The game that we played in class was "Win as much as you can" ...my team was suffering for the whole game because we always valued "trust" and intended to win as much as we can as a group for the whole class. But we failed, because all other teams kept putting up "X" cards. I agree that once trust breaks, the whole project will not function and for those who still believed in "Trust" will suffer the most; just like my team did =(

I admit that i have poor listening skills, because i can only pick up some points as people speak, selective listening is one barrier that i always encounter in my life. I always believe that if i can get the most important points, then I'll be successful in doing all other things. But however, what i think is important might not be perceived as the most important to my other team members...so when i need to communicate with others more effectively, i should consider writing down or remember as much as info i can when i need to deliver the same message to others. Especially in the future, i might need a strong communication skill in my career, and if i don't improve it or bring those barriers along with me, i would be missing out lots of important information or not be able to communicate well with my managers or colleagues.

No comments: